Robotic process automation (RPA) applications are corporate use cases that may be put into practise. RPA uses robotic software and configuration to automate and speed up the execution of business applications. RPA tools automate the repetitive operations linked to rules-based processes, ensuring consistent corporate productivity. In the areas of banking and finance, insurance, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, and education, there are numerous industry-specific RPA implementations that can be done. RPA focuses on business application steps and uses software bots to manage workflows. There are numerous software providers, including Automation Anywhere, Pega Robotic Automation, OpenRPA, and Blueprism. Let’s examine various applications of Automation Anywhere.
- 1. Financial/Accounting (Invoice processing, reporting, auditing, etc.)
- HR (Automating tasks in PeopleSoft. Email notifications, populating.)
- Operations/IT (Creating accounts, software set-up, batch processing, system integrations, etc.)
- Sales (Creating and printing invoices, add, modify and removing customer data into CRM.)
- Marketing (Creating lead generation reports and monitoring social sentiment.)
- Manufacturing (Inventory management, Excel automation, ERP integration.)
- Government (Verification process, populating subcontractor forms, automating daily reports, etc.)
- Healthcare (Patient data migration and process rig. Reporting for doctors, medical Ml processing, insurance data automaton and claim processing, claim status, and patient record storage.)
- Consumer goods (Order processing, data entry, claims to process. FTP automation, incentive claims processing.)
- Hospitality (Price analysis of competitors, guest data processing, data verification, payment processing, etc.)
- Retail (Gather product details from manufacturer’s site, updating online inventory and importing website and email sales.)
In short, these applications help the workforce associated with other productive business works by saving time and reducing manual dependency overheads. It helps to improve the quality of the process and reduces the risk of manual errors. RPA applications are evolving with advanced features and new business domains are integrating into these applications.